Aspera License Control for SAP® Software 3.9 optimizes indirect access and simplifies the measurement process
The customer base in SAP license management is growing worldwide
Aachen, Germany, 14, September 2017 – Aspera, the leading provider of Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions, presented version 3.9 of its cloud-capable software License Control for SAP today. Increasingly, more customers worldwide are using it to map their entire SAP landscape, including all users who access SAP or use SAP technology indirectly.
The new version comes with the following updates:
- Indirect access: The handling of user accounts for applications that indirectly access SAP resources has been optimized. This functionality allows the customer to avoid risks of indirect access and to reduce costs.
- Transport-free access: The export of SAP data without the transport of modifications simplifies the installation process and guarantees maximum security when importing data.
- Intuitive user interface: The user interface is closely modelled on Aspera’s SAM platform SmartTrack and offers existing customers intuitive handling with the proven functionalities, and provides new customers optimal usability.
License management independence for customers
Aspera’s solutions enable large groups and organizations to quickly generate an overview of their software landscape. Examples include German BSH Home Appliances (a 100% subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH), PLC Magyar Koezút, the operator of the Hungarian public road network, and an increasing number of organizations in the DACH region, throughout Europe, and the US.
“No tool can solve a problem without knowledge,” according to Dr. Michael Moebius, Head of License Management at BSH Home Appliances. “What really matters to us is the knowledge that the SAP consultants offer and the efficient service provided by Aspera”. His team connected 60 SAP systems to the Aspera solution in just two months.
“We want to ensure that our customers understand their license management, feel in control of it, and can be proactive,” explains Guido Schneider, Senior Product Management Advisor, SAP. “Customers want simple ways to make regular cost savings. This goal can’t be reached with labor-intensive, ad-hoc attempts at optimization.”
Expertise in indirect access is critical
The number of consulting projects has increased significantly, most of all in indirect access. As a result, SAP licensing is developing into one of Aspera’s main revenue sources.
- License Control for SAP® offers customers an overview of licenses, usage, and sustainable cost reductions.
- Rapid Vendor Analysis for SAP® Software is a compact service for analyzing actual SAP usage without needing to install a tool. It allows customers to obtain a quick overview when contract negotiations are coming up.
Press contact worldwide
Tel.: +49 241 963-3261